Opera in the Garden
Time & Location
About the Event
Opera in the Garden at the Scrooby Manor House
Saturday 3rd October, 2020
1pm (with a 45 minute interval)
Grounds will open at 12pm.
Director- Ella Marchment
Pianist- Nigel Gytel
Soprano- Carrie-Ann Williams
Tenor- Alexander Grainger
Mezzo Soprano- Kamilla Dunstan
Baritone- Matthew Siveter
Manor Opera is delighted to announce our first performance 'Opera in the Garden' at the historic site of the Scooby Manor House associated with the Mayflower Pilgrims.
Wrap up warm, bring your picnics and come and enjoy an afternoon of Opera with some of the UK's up and coming Artists.
The programme consists of opera classics from composers such as Puccini, Verdi, Mozart & Donizetti and some lighter musical theatre numbers from Les Misérables, My Fair Lady & Pirates of the Penzance.
Programme to be confirmed very soon.
Please note that this is an outdoor event and we ask that guests come prepared for inclement weather.
Manor Opera will only cancel an event if the weather conditions are deemed unsafe, should this be the case tickets will be refunded or exhanged for another date.
We will continue to update guets about weather conditions nearer the time, so please do keep checking our website and social media platorms running up to the event.
Should our event be cancelled due to Covid Restrictions, guests will be refunded.
Ensuring your safety at Manor Opera
Manor Opera's event 'Opera in the Garden' will adhere to the latest Government Guidance.
Your safety matters, we have the following in place:
- Limited numbers of visitors
- Track & Trace when ordering Tickets Online
- One-way systems upon arrival and exit
- Social distancing between groups and those outside your household
- Staff will be provided with protective equipment (PPE)
- Staff will be monitoring the grounds to ensure that social distancing is maintained
- Operating a paperless and cashless system
- Monitoring Parking
- Monitoring entry and exit on to the grounds
- Parts of the grounds will be sectioned off to ensure safety of both staff & visitors
- Hand sanitiser available on site
- Enhanced cleaning during your stay
What we would love from you during your visit to keep both yourselves, other guests and our staff safe:
- Not attending the performance should you be experiencing any coronavirus symptoms or you have come into contact with someone experiencing coronavirus symptoms in the last 14 days
- Not attending the performance if you are self isolating as a result of cornovirus like symptoms or if you are sharing a household/support bubble with someone who has experienced cornoavirus symptoms in the last 14 days
- Not attending the performance should you be self isolating due to arriving from a country on the High Risk List.
- Keeping two meters away from other visitors and staff
- Showing your ticket on a mobile device where possible
- Following our one-way systems
- Supporting out staff whenever queuing occurs
- Being mindful to other guests when queuing and maintaining a social distance of two meters
- Using your own personal protective equipment where necessary
- Washing your hands 20 seconds after using our facilities
- Using our hand sanitiser on site when necessary.
- Being mindful to other guests when setting up your picnics and maintaining two meters apart
- Take your own litter home
- Use your own garden furniture and not share with other guests/households
- Keep your belongings to yourself
- No dogs allowed
- Be patient when leaving the grounds, queues will occur, be mindful to other guests and our staff
Where can I sit?
The Scrooby Manor House has a large outdoor space allowing plenty of space between groups. Guets are expcted to leave at least two metres between groups, staff will be at hand should you need any help.
Seating is a first come first come servered basis, however we do ask that guests are considerate of view lines of other guests when setting up their spot.
No seating or picnic blankets will be provided by Manor Opera, please bring your own and make yourself comfortable.
Bring your own picnic, thiis can be as simple or as elaborate as you wish. You are more than welcome to bring outdoor furiniture for additional comfort.
Grounds will be open at 12pm for guets to set up their picnics.
When the event has finished please kindly take your rubbish home with you or place it in the bins provided on site.
Limited Parking is avaiable on site. Please avoid parking down Manor Road and avoid blocking any driveways within the Village.
Staff will be mointoring arrivals, parking and exit.
Due to being an outdoor event we regret that wheelchair access may be difficult due to uneven terrain.
Single porterloos will be made avaiable on site. Guest only.
- Brewster Ticket (Full Price)£20+£0.50 Service fee£20+£0.50 Service fee0£0
- Children Under 12£12+£0.30 Service fee£12+£0.30 Service fee0£0